What are the benefits of membership?
- Well located club catering for all levels of dedication – from those wanting to go for an occasional scull on a Saturday afternoon to those wanting to compete at the highest level in rowing
- A clubhouse owned two thirds by the club and one third by Cambridge University Boat Club
- Racking for sculling boats at very competitive rates
- Use of ergometers at the clubhouse
- Being able to watch the Boat Race from one of the prime spots on the Thames
- Cash savings for tickets for the Boat Race social event at Crabtree.
- The use of Crabtree Boathouse for functions/parties etc at preferential rates
- Right to wear a Crabtree tie
- Inclusion on the club’s email list for news of crew selections, results and upcoming events (we do not aim to show all the current news on the website)
- The opportunity to jump in a boat and re-live your glory days.
How much is the subscription?
There are different monthly rates depending on type of membership:
- £30 per month – rowing members (a member who rows for the club in British Rowing events or uses club equipment more than five times a year or keeps a sculling boat at the club (rack fee £10 a month))
- as decided by the committee per event – single event members (a member who rows for the club in any event no more than twice in a calendar year and does not otherwise fall within the definition of rowing member)
- £5 per month – social members
Lifetime/annual membership rates are also available
What will the subscription be used for?
It will provide the funding for: loan repayments for the boathouse purchase; boathouse insurance and overheads; boat insurance, repairs and upkeep; and equipment including boats, blades etc.. Subscriptions will not be used for kit, race entry fees, travelling costs and trips abroad, which will be funded by the rowers themselves.
If you want any further details, please get in touch.
How do I join?
Email us or ask the membership secretary for a membership application form. It includes full details of safety regulations and procedures as well as a standing order form.